The essential aspects of this agreement
- The Standard License grants you an ongoing, non-exclusive, worldwide license to make use of the Author’s Artworks you have chosen. Read the text of this license for the details which apply to your use of the Author’s Artworks.
- You are licensed to use Author’s Artworks to create one single Final Product for yourself or for one client.The Final Product can be distributed for Free or be sold no more than once.
An Exception: You can sold the Final Product unlimited number of times in case your Final Product is a web-based (non CD) e-learning course.
Things you can do with the Author’s Artworks
- You can create one Final Product for a client, and you can transfer that single Final Product to your client for any fee no more than once. This license is then transferred to your client.
- You can make any number of copies of the single Final Product, as long as the Final Product is distributed for Free.
- You can change, modify or manipulate Author’s Artworks. You can combine Author’s Artworks with other files and make a derivative work from it. The results are subject to the terms of this license. You can do such things as long as the Final Product you’re creating is one that’s meet the definition of the Final Product.
For example: You can license the Simple Course Template, include your own images, change the background, text layout, etc. and present it to the audience.
Things you cannot do with the Author’s Artworks
- You can’t sell the Final Product more than once (excepting cases when your final product is an e-learning course). If you or your client want to sell the Final Product, you will need the Extended License.
- You can’t use Author’s Artworks to create logos and trademarks.
- You can’t re-distribute Author’s Artworks in stocks. You can’t do this with Author’s Artworks either on its own or bundled with other files, and even if you modify Author’s Artworks. You can’t re-distribute or make available Author’s Artworks as-is or with superficial modifications. These things are not allowed even if the re-distribution is for Free.For example: You can’t license Author’s Artworks and then make it available as-is on your website for your users to download
- You can’t use Author’s Artworks in any application allowing an end user to customize a digital or physical product to their specific needs, such as an “on demand”, “made to order” or “build it yourself” application. You can use Author’s Artworks in this way only if you purchase a separate license for each Final Product incorporating Author’s Artworks that was created using the application.
Examples of “on demand”, “made to order” or “build it yourself” applications: website builders, “create your own” slide-show apps, and e-card generators. You will need one license for each product created by a customer, or contact us to discuss.
- You can only use the Author’s Artworks for lawful purposes. Also, if the Author’s Artworks contains an image of a person, even if the Author’s Artworks is model-released you can’t use it in a way that creates a fake identity, implies personal endorsement of a product by the person, or in a way that is defamatory, obscene or demeaning, or in connection with sensitive subjects.
- This license can be terminated if you breach it. If that happens, you must stop making copies of or distributing the Final Product until you remove the Author’s Artworks from it.
- The author of the Author’s Artworks retains ownership of the Author’s Artworks but grants you the license on these terms. This license is between the author of the Author’s Artworks and you. Elearningchips is not a party to this license or the one giving you the license.
|vector and raster images, software templates, audio / video files
|the product obtained by modification of author’s artworks, requiring a combination of skills and efforts.
a) for such author’s artwork as software template, the final product is a customized realization of this template. For example: If the author’s artwork is a e-learning course template, the final product is considered to be an e-learning course, filled with any information and media files.
b) for other types of author’s artworks, the Final Product is a work that incorporates the author’s artwork as well as other things, so that it is larger in scope and different in nature than the author’s artwork. For example: if the author’s artwork is a graphic character, the Final Product is considered to be a course or a brochure that includes this character.